Generally speaking, your home contents are insured in the location  you registered home address as listed in your contract.  

However, Home Contents Insurance also extends to enclosed spaces outside your home for a certain time period (depending on your contract between 3 to 6 months) and to a certain limit. 

This could be a hotel room on holiday for example, or even if you have simply left some things at a friends house. 

Note that in outside spaces such as park, on the beach or in the woods, your things are only covered against specific risks like fire.